Say benvenuto to incredible homemade cuisine courtesy of chef Stefano de Pieri. This winter, THE celebrity chef, author and restaurateur welcomes us into his own kitchen and shares some simple, down-to-earth, Italian meals we can all make at home.
Stefano is not only an award-winning chef, he’s also a winemaker with a love of alternative and Italian varieties that marry perfectly with his cooking. His namesake range of wines, made exclusively for Cellarmasters, offer elegant, bright fruit flavours that are best enjoyed with a tasty homemade meal.
Risotto al Prosecco
2 cups arborio rice
1 onion, finely diced
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 knobs of butter
2 cups / 500ml Prosecco
5 cups / 1.25lt of stock, chicken or veg
Salt to taste
Parmesan to taste (about ½ cup)
1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
1. On medium heat add olive oil to a large pot (at least 30cm) add onion and garlic to the olive oil, cook for 5 minutes or until translucent.
2. Add one knob of butter, stir in.
3. ‘Toast’ the rice by adding all the rice to the pot and stirring in for around 2 minutes, keep stirring to avoid the rice sticking to the pan
4. Glaze with 100ml of prosecco in the middle of the pan and stir into the rice.
5. Continue to stir and gradually start adding stock and prosecco, 1 cup at a time, (it should take about 20 min).
6. Stir continuously until the stock and prosecco are absorbed, and season with salt as you go. Bring to boil and simmer while stirring.
7. Add butter to taste and finish with parmesan cheese to serve.
Pair with a glass of the remaining Prosecco and enjoy. The Stefano De Pieri Di Qualita Prosecco is a perfect choice. This beautiful Prosecco from the King Valley is dry and refreshing with crisp fruit flavours of fine citrus, green apple and pear tang. Saluti!
Head to cellarmasters.com.au/tableofplenty for even more enticing recipe ideas, videos and articles to bring your wine journey to life.